Musicians Collaboration Studio

Another question about CUBASE (saving and loading presets).

nitch · 8 · 5470

Offline nitch

Yesterday I discovered the saving and loading presets option in Cubase  (this includes EQ and effects).  I was working on a vocal track, I had my EQ set which I had to do manually by twisting those knobs around because my version doesn't come with EQ presets, and I had my effects set (reverb).  I right click for options, save preset in my working directory.  Now I have another vocal track in the same project but on a different track all together.  Its the exact same kind of track, just another vocal.  When I load up the effects and eq screen I can see that the track is dry, so now I right click options to load my saved settings from the other vocal track (so that the eq and effects are the same).  I get a msg prompting me that it won't work (Ill confirm exactly what the error msg said later tonight).

What is the easiest way for me to save settings once I work on one vocal track within a project and then automatically apply those same presets to all other relating vocal tracks in a project?  I'm using Cubase AI4.

Thanks!

Offline Stoney

• Super Hero
  • Just Me Makin Noises
    • The Music of Stonehead
Hi Parry
Mmmm I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to achieve but

1) If you are trying to save your fx settings to use on a new project then you could try saving your layout as a project template

2) You can always save the fx settings in the plug-in itself as a user preset

3) The easiest way to copy the fx/plug-in settings between two tracks within a project would be to duplicate the entire track and then replace the duplicated wav file with your new one or record into the new track.

Just some thoughts...hope it helps

Ian

Offline Tacman7

Yes I'd go with templates.

I also like setting up workspaces which I call up with hardware buttons.

My templates have the main project workspace, a guitar workspace with the FX chain and all the presets in place, baritone guitar workspace, and vocal workspace. Then FX/presets on the output bus and all the tracks I usually need etc.

Trying to get it where I can work without putting on the engineer hat and loosing my creative ideas.

Offline nitch

3) The easiest way to copy the fx/plug-in settings between two tracks within a project would be to duplicate the entire track and then replace the duplicated wav file with your new one or record into the new track.

Thanks guys.
Ian this suggestion worked out.

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Guys, there's a copy/past function on the channels mixer you don't have to duplicate the tracks  8)
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Parry,
Look at those 2 pictures. That's a short view of Nuendo's mixer wich I believe will be something more or less like
cubase. Of course I can have a lot more details but for what we nees, it's enough.
In the Mixer_01 picture, you got an yellow row in track number 4 above and bellow the volume slider, right? It became yellow because I clicked in there wich means that track is selected. Now I do Ctrl+C (PC Version), just like in any other windows application to copy.

Now look at Mixer_02 picture. Track #5 is selected. Just apply Ctrl+V and again like any other windows apllication, past is done.

This procedure, copys all the settings from one channel to another. That includes Volume, Pan, Eqs, effects, and output settings, as a matter of fact is everything on the mixer, leaving the arrange windows intact.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:52:51 AM by Paulo »
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes