Musicians Collaboration Studio

Oh no! (docmidnite, Paulo, groverk, guitargeorge, Neal, CosmicDolphin)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Henry,

Quite super!!

Nice catchy hook with great singing and playing.

The production is great -crisp yet warm. Seems like a live band setting.

Everyone's contributions are top notch which is not surprising looking at the musicians involved.

George really enjoyed the bass part too, great tone and a wonderful bouncy pattern played in the mid.

Well Henry, looks like that I will have to buy your solo album when its out :)..what shall you call it "When the Doktor Comes Singing" perhaps.

Look forward to more songs from you. You do have very good voice, ideally suited to this genre.

Nice riffs btw

Andy

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA

The first time I sang lead for a whole show (in a duo) I was freaking nervous as hell (I remember vividly how much I was sweating). :-\  The only time my eyes were open was at the beginning and end of each song ;D.  I felt like I was totally naked and alone on stage.  Not unlike you doc,.. I sang backups first and it's easy to hide behind a good front man.

It was the best thing I could have ever done for my voice and my confidence.  Because I made that move,.. I ended up opening my whole performance ability and broadened my ability to make a career as a performer.  I can now gig solo,.. duo,..full band,..as a singer and or a keyboardist.

Keep it up Doc.  Your tone is great and your pitch will only get better and better.  Confidence is 90% of the battle when your as talented as yourself.  I also need to mention that your quite good with your english accent.  I know the german accent is really difficult to disguise in an english song.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:46:51 AM by HDA »
Keyboard Player/Singer/Songwriter
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline OcalaMusician

• Guitar, Bass, Acoustic drums, bit of Keys & Mixing
    • OcalaMusician on YouTube.com

The first time I sang lead for a whole show (in a duo) I was freaking nervous as hell (I remember vividly how much I was sweating. :-\  The only time my eyes were open was at the beginning and end of each song ;D.  I felt like I was totally naked and alone on stage.  Not unlike you doc,.. I sang backups first and it's easy to hide behind a good front man.

It was the best thing I could have ever done for my voice and my confidence.  Because I made that move,.. I ended up opening my whole performance ability and broadened my ability to make a career as a performer.  I can now gig solo,.. duo,..full band,..as a singer and or a keyboardist.

Keep it up Doc.  Your tone is great and your pitch will only get better and better.  Confidence is 90% of the battle when your as talented as yourself.  I also need to mention that your quite good with your english accent.  I know the german accent is really difficult to disguise in an english song.
I agree with Jay 100%  You are a truly talented musician in every area you put your mind to.
Neal - The Multi-Instrumentalist & Mix Engineer.

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero

George really enjoyed the bass part too, great tone and a wonderful bouncy pattern played in the mid.

Andy

Many thanks  :) :) :) :) :) :)
George can often be found playing stringy things, and singing...

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Had to revisit the thread - I was listening to the track again - I was struck by the totally profession mix Mark rendered for the song. The mix is open warm and modern sounding and just right for that type of song. You could line this song up against a collection of pop-rock from iTunes and it would easily hold its own.

Just wanted to let you guys know! Great performances coupled with a superb mix.

Andy

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music

Bump...

You know listening back it already had a great arrangement, and THAT is half the battle.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Hey.. I remember this tune. Not sure why I didn't comment on it. It's pretty damn catchy. Has kind of a sinister groove to it.  8) Well thought out. I like the bit in the beginning where the guitars drop out and just bass driving along. Well done guys!!  8)

Dave

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
I remember this very fondly.

When we recorded this song, someone on the site said it sounded like a potential Robbie Williams hit. I actually sent it to Robbie's management company to see if they would be interested, but they didnt reply. They probably didnt think he would do it as well as Henry. :)

I was going through a bass playing phase when we did this, triggered by (a) MCS's favourite bassist, Marc Traynor, passing away and (b) a friend returning my bass to me after he had it "on loan" for several years, after I prompted him!. My bass is a 5-string Steinberger, and if I cant get down deep with it then I dont think I'm doing it justice.

George
George can often be found playing stringy things, and singing...

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
Sounds great guys, it's always nice to hear a song from the archives that is totally brand new to me. :) 8)
Damn it Jim! I'm a WRITER - not a Doctor!!

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero

Chiropractors tend to miss a lot of things, they always keep their eyes on the spine, now go wonder!!!
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
Chiropractors tend to miss a lot of things, they always keep their eyes on the spine, now go wonder!!!

However... I am no chiropractor  :o ??? ;D ;D ;D