HI Dave
New here just exploring the great music. really nice country sounding
ballad. love the lyrics wonderful vox superb song. this should b on
the radio. very soothng sound and well executed. tc NEIL

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Seing this thread come back to life has reminded me...here's the Mastered version I did for the ill fated MCS CD vol II  ::)

At least you can hear it now  :)

CD

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Thanks CD. After the rush slows down here I still wouldn't mind a master for anyone who's worked on this. I think that will really make it sparkle.  :)

How do you master a track? I wanna learn. Whats the diff with mastering and mixing?

Mixing is collecting all the separate tracks and blending them into a cohesive song....

Mastering is taking a song that has been mixed , and using various tools too make it sound better.  In the old days it was to make sure nothing caused the needle to jump out it's groove on a record. It's also about making a collection of album tracks sound like they belong together tonallly and volume-wise. Lately it's been about making things sound bigger & louder often at the expense of sound quality.  Personally I blame people listening to music on tiny crappy speakers in phones etc. where the music is inaudible unless it's been highly compresed & limited. It's also about spacing tracks , sequencing the album etc.

How do you master a track ?   Read everything you can , I suggest a book by Bob Katz called 'Mastering Audio' which has everything you'd probably ever need to know and more.

Cd

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Thanks so much for that mastered version, CD.  :)

Donna
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Thanks for comments guys  :)

Great tune guys,
I'm not big country music fan, but this sounds better than most of the stuff I hear droning out of the speakers at the local hardware store.

I love a good ballad, and this one hits every mark, but why is "Johnny" always the devil in disguise in these things ;D
O yeah, I remember now.... ;)   

Yep, gotta watch out for those Johnny's  ;D

Nice comments Donna. I have Jame Ryce's album and it's quite good. Listen to it often. He has a fantastic voice.  8)

MARK!! That mastered version sounds FANTASTIC!!!  8) Great job on it buddy. I really wish we could still get that album out somehow. At least get it up to CD Baby. So much work has been done on it especially all the mastering work. It would be a shame to not have it on CD somewhere.  :(

And thanks for resurrecting this one. It reminds me that some fine music is being made here and I really gotta get back on the musical horse and starting riding again. My studio is done so no reason to not get going again.  :)

Love this tune.  :)

Dave

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
And a few more kudos, Gentlemen.  :)

Donna
------------------
Great lyrics, Donna! A bit sad story, but fits in that beautiful country melody! All things works well on this song and performance!  Kari
-------
Sad story, but very well told and fitting to the genre.
Great performance from all involved !  Geir
--------
Powerful and sad song! I'm depressed now.
This is one of the best songs I've heard on this site [SC] so far. The lyrics are excellent, and the music/ musicians are flawless. This is professional stuff, you should charge us!
I would love to hear Toni Price singing this!  DSS
----------
I did not know you collaborated with James too. Perfect fit!
And even Dietmar played on that song. I haven't heard anything from him for quite some time
Very nice, Donna. Not too much plain country, just the right dose for my taste.
Regards, Steffen
-----------
top class song Donna -
great vocals from james - FB
------------
Superb Lyrics
Reminded me of Bruce Springsteens Darker sde
The Gentle arrangement of vox and music
adds to this sad picture
Excellent in every way!  TR
------------
an absolutely sublime song with wonderful contributions from all concerned. This is top notch and then some.  Willie
------------
As Pro as it gets!!!!
Superb sounding Track!!!! Tharek
-----------
Powerful stuff!  ORH
------------
Perfect song. Every instrument sounds great, mixing is so well balanced. And the lyrics - quite a story! Halem
-----------
This is such a great song, deep lyrics!!!Wonderfully written and performed !!!!  Gary
-----------
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

MARK!! That mastered version sounds FANTASTIC!!!  8) Great job on it buddy. I really wish we could still get that album out somehow. At least get it up to CD Baby. So much work has been done on it especially all the mastering work. It would be a shame to not have it on CD somewhere.  :(

Dave

Cheers Bro..though after what I learned yesterday I might wanna re-work the whole thing  ;D

CD

Offline AviR

• Avi Rosenfeld's Classic Rock
Beautiful song, I love this mellow emotional stuff. The vocals are really shinning here.

Offline nitch

Well done.

The pedal steel adds so much to this song!

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
Super!!!!! Worth the wait!!!!

Man, listening through some of the finished songs makes me think: We have a bunch of supercreative guys here!!! From Country, to Disco, to Rock even Cha Cha Cha!!!!!!!!!

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
great song Dave, love the feeling, the vocals are spot on, the pedal steel makes it shine.