Musicians Collaboration Studio

Darth Vader (Andy,George)

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
A short instrumental (weighing in at only 50 seconds), which resulted from an odd conversation between Andy and George.

Personnel:

George Williams (GuitarGeorge): guitar
Andy Gupta (AndyG6508) : bass and drums
Music by Andy and George.

Thanks to Gary Pownall (floouk) for the title :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:13:08 PM by guitargeorge »
George can often be found playing stringy things, and singing...

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Hey George,

Turned out fun - nice to make something out of thin air...nice atmospherics in the intro and in the end.

Flash playing!

Andy

Offline toadman

• (this isn't mine, btw)
I enjoyed that. Short but very meaty, with some great sounds and playing. Well done, guys.
                                                                                       toad

Offline Billy

• Super Hero
  • Professionalism is an attitude
It sounds like a "in house band" on the Jay Leno show playing an intro for Jay's guest, Darth

"and please welcome, Darth Vader" (rapturous applause).

Jay - "So, Darth. What are you doing these days?"

Darth - "Well, being a bad guy isn't the same any more". Jay makes a number of jokes about Gaddafi and  Bin Laden.

Good stuff, guys!

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Thanks Billy  ;D ;D - that is so spot on ;)

Andy

It sounds like a "in house band" on the Jay Leno show playing an intro for Jay's guest, Darth

"and please welcome, Darth Vader" (rapturous applause).

Jay - "So, Darth. What are you doing these days?"

Darth - "Well, being a bad guy isn't the same any more". Jay makes a number of jokes about Gaddafi and  Bin Laden.

Good stuff, guys!

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Thanks so much Toadman :)
Andy
I enjoyed that. Short but very meaty, with some great sounds and playing. Well done, guys.
                                                                                       toad

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
Billy,Toad - thanks!!  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:14:28 PM by guitargeorge »

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Trppy  :D  Nice playing guys. It's cool to hear a short instrumental. Kinda wished is was a bit longer though.

Dave

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
Trppy  :D  Nice playing guys. It's cool to hear a short instrumental. Kinda wished is was a bit longer though.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Rather than making this longer, Andy and I have the idea of this being just one of a series of short instrumentals, maybe the 'Chat Show Vignettes" (to build on Billy's sugestion).

I have the bones of another already, I just need to get the time to lay down the bed track.

It may give me an outlet for my out-of-the box guitar playing notions, which sometimes don't sit so well in the confines of someone else's relatively sane song.

George

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Oh man, it rocks, still what does it have to do with Darth Vader?... Oh, I see the Deep breath  :D... Now go wonder one thing, yesterday I was watching to Phantom Menace, eh eh...

Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline floouk

• The best Doctor ever - -
A fab job George and Andy - some insame guitar there George but enjoyable and *shudder* right.  A hilarious 50 seconds of music, although somehow, I don't think this is likely to worry the Rebel Alliance any.  ;D
"Then it's the most brilliant piece of astrogravitational engineering I've ever seen.  The concept is simply staggering.  Pointless! but staggering."

The Doctor

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Thanks guys :) - the original clip had George breathing down the phone doing a DV thing.. :P

Andy