Musicians Collaboration Studio

Into The Light (Mike, Sam/Donna, Andy, Jon, Steve, J, Argle)

snowdoguk · 126 · 27932

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
I think that I'm game for the vid, Mike!

I'll have to shoot some test footage when I have a chance and run it by you and see what you think.

I know for sure that I would just pass along seperate clips... not the entire song in a file.

Jon

EDIT: It would be REALLY COOL to see everyone who worked on this tune (including Adam) "doing there thing"!!!!!

Cool Jon...   yep just some clips throughout the song, especially during the guitar solo and post solo for example...
"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" Neil Peart

My dad.. "Turn that Banjo down!!"

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
tbh, a video of the musicians would be sweet, whereas a video of me staring intently at a computer screen would be super lame.   ;D

depends on what your staring at Argie.... :D

Just what are you insinuating, sir!  >:D

;D me and my big mouth.....ok...staring at 32 channels of sound and vid waveforms most probably!!

hows that for a recovery?

Andy

I'm shocked, shocked I say!  :D

Offline jrobbins

Since we are all old and ugly... we could go for the GWAR look.....hehehehe

JUST KIDDING!!!! LOLOLOLOL

OOOOPS..... NOT YOU DONNA!  Just us guys.....hehehehe

Offline jrobbins

HAHAHAHA!!!!  SORRY!  I knew I was going to catch grief for that comment....LOLOLOLOL

hey, I might be ugly, but I am NOT old!!   :D

Offline jrobbins

In all seriousness.... Mike... my only problem is I'll probably have to vid clip my electric drums..... not a very "COOL" looking thing compared to a "REAL" drum set... I still have my acoustic kit tho....

Let me think about this for a minute.... I may be able to setup my Acoustic kit in the Garage or something.....hmmmm....

I'll be thinking on my side.... I'll keep you informed of any revelations I have....

Offline Argle

• Alchemystic Audio
I do actually have a thought about my contribution - maybe you'd like a video capture of the project playing in Sonar?  You could sync it up with the audio, fade the video out till it's almost transparent, then place it in the background.  Just a thought.

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Ditto Argle, I don't have a video camera either but I'll see what I can dig up guys. 8)

I think video footage would be real cool and I am definitely up for it :) :) :)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Ditto Argle, I don't have a video camera either but I'll see what I can dig up guys. 8)

I think video footage would be real cool and I am definitely up for it :) :) :)

Steve,

Great!! Could you get a clip of you walking along a long corridor or something...maybe Mike can make you walk up a bridge of blinding light :)

Andy

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Incidentally, I was thinking the old scary absolute darkness with a torch shining up under the chin progressively changing to the torch in front lighting the face...it would sure scare the kids, not to mention Linda my wife!!! >:D >:D >:D

Offline jrobbins

Hey guys!  I was talking with a good friend that works with me.... who is an After Effects guru..... and I do mean GURU.... and we do have a Blue/Green screens here at the office.

He is willing to help me do my drum footage and I could probably get him to key me out in siloutte walking in front of the green screen and put me in a dark hallway with a light at the end or something.... it would be MUCH cooler if it was Steve.... maybe I can get one of the girls here to do it??????

Just throwing out some ideas.....  don't forget.... I do work in a an office with lots of toys and folks that do Flash, 3D and video stuff......hehehehehe

Mike,

Should you go ahead and start a video thread...... I have a feeling I'm going to start rambling on......heheheh

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
Actually guys...I like all the ideas... but I'd actually prefer you all in front of blank walls in a nicely normal light/bright room singing/playing your parts... I can add torch effects, light, darkness myself etc... if everyone starts using individual lighting effects it will be impossible to control it my end and get a good balance....

Cheers
Mike

"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" Neil Peart

My dad.. "Turn that Banjo down!!"

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
I need to get a loan of my father's older video camera or borrow one first but I'll get it done against our living room wall that is an olive green. 8)