Musicians Collaboration Studio

Latency issues

Offline Beemerduck

Hi all,

I have been using Presonus Studio one for building songs etc for a few months now and really love it's simplicity.. Recently I have decided to start recording vocals, so purchased the mic etc...

So I set it up using a little Behringer q802USB mixer as my audio input, I have installed Behringer's ASIO driver etc..

When I try to record vocals I get a delay in my cans and for the life of me I can't find where to alter the latency.
Current gear

Moog Little Phatty Stage, M-Audio Venom, Novation KS5, Akai MiniAK, Korg X50, Fender Strat, Boss GT6, Digitech Quad FX, Presonus Studio one. ESI Activ 05 active monitors.

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
If you installed the asio driver, it's gotta be as a separate apllication or in the system, depending on the OS... If you find it, it's got some settings one of them is the lattency

What OS is yours?
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Beemerduck

Windows 8
Current gear

Moog Little Phatty Stage, M-Audio Venom, Novation KS5, Akai MiniAK, Korg X50, Fender Strat, Boss GT6, Digitech Quad FX, Presonus Studio one. ESI Activ 05 active monitors.

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Damn!!! I don't know windows 8  :D... But in windows 7, the asio driver is in the system, and it can opened using the right button of the mouse and clicking in the properties.

Windows 8
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Beemerduck

weird thing is I have just tried Reaper ... no lag!

I will endevour to try and work out Presonus before I start using reaper.
Current gear

Offline mickbrit55

• Super Hero
Your audio setup should be accessible from the Presonus screen via a drop down menu. Look under something like Tools or Options then Audio.

Mick.
Very funny Spok ... now beam down my trousers.
SoundClick : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=816080

Offline Beemerduck

Cool, found it... it was set to the wrong audio i/o with no control panel, now switched to the Behringer ASIO, I'll have a play tomorrow. Thanks.
Current gear

Offline mickbrit55

• Super Hero
Glad you got it :)

Mick.
Very funny Spok ... now beam down my trousers.
SoundClick : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=816080

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
U da man, Mick  ;)

Glad you got it :)

Mick.
Respect
Paulo Gomes