Musicians Collaboration Studio

Sonar X3 Not Responding When Mixing Down

Albino · 4 · 5835

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
Right this is really doing my head in.
Sonar has developed this habit of not responding when I try to mix down the tracks of a project that I have been working on. Example being that I have completed a mix and decide the vox needs to come down a little bit. so I mess about with levels maybe try new EQ or  maybe add a plugin etc you get the picture. Then nothing, not responding.
I have saved as a  new file name I have tried saving as in a different location. Same problem.
It will load up fine, play fine but I can't mix it down. It just so happens that this is actually the very best mix in the whole wide world but non of you will ever be able to hear it!

Anyone else had this issue? I had the same issue occasionally with Sonar X1, Currently using X3.

Steve.

Offline Zax

Hey Steve,

Not sure if you've done so yet, but Cakewalk has recently put up an update patch for X3 that includes many fixes.  You can download and run the correct file for your version at the bottom of this link: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/2007013361

Hopefully this will help you

Frank

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
I had Frank, or so I thought. I followed your link and there is now a brand new update. I was using Sonar X3d now downloading SonarX3e. I will keep you posted to see if it resolves my problem.
Thanks for the reply  ;D