Musicians Collaboration Studio

PT Free

Offline bssistmurf

• Jazz is not a list of tunes, it is an attitude!
PT Free is no longer available. I would like to put it on my laptop so I can do some work while running my boy to his activities but I cannot find my copy. Does anybody have a copy?

Since it was given away by digidesign there should be no concern about copyright.

UPDATE - I am looking for Digidesign's ProTools Free DAW for windows platform. Sorry for any confusion caused by the abreviation of PT Free.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:01:31 PM by bssist »

Offline Cary

i have a copy that is about 5 years old.  Interested?
Cary

Offline bssistmurf

I am very interested, if we are talking about the same thing. It was pointed out to me that PT does not mean the same thing to all of us. I was referring to Digidesign's ProTools Free for windows.

Offline Cary

I am very interested, if we are talking about the same thing. It was pointed out to me that PT does not mean the same thing to all of us. I was referring to Digidesign's ProTools Free for windows.

correct.

links to check out:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1015758&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1015758

and

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?&key=/products/details.cfm&template=overview&itemid=1202

On a side note, there are much better solutions today.  From what I remember of PT free, it was a dog and crashed regularly.  Reaper is a much better solution.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:19:10 AM by Cary »
Cary

Offline bssistmurf

Got it, thank you.

I don't remember having problems with PTFree. I currently run PTLE and want to be able to work on my sessions on the road.

I have downloaded Kristal, looks pretty good for the price. I have CoolEdit Pro, works pretty well, doesn't have the functionality and isn't as intuitive as ProTools. And I just downloaded Reaper, I will have to load it up and give it a try.

Thanks for the link. Digidesign claims it is no longer there but obviously it is.

Simon

Please excuse me if I've missed something here...

I presume you have PTLE on a PC at home and you'd like to be able to work on your sessions while away on a laptop.

Can't you load your PTLE onto a laptop and use the dongle to to make it work on both the PC and the laptop? Obviously not at the same time as you only have one dongle per registered version of PTLE. But this is one of the benefits of using dongles for authorisation - the fact you can install the software on more than one machine.