Musicians Collaboration Studio

Wrapping Curtains (Albino/GBM/Docmidnite/AndyG/Tricia41)

Albino · 13 · 2847

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
A departure from my usual style and a somewhat personal subject matter for me.

I posted this up having a definitive idea of how I wanted this song to turn out but was relying on the good people of MCS to apply their talents and judgement.

I just needed a little extra help given that my bass skills are somewhat lacking, as are my piano and string arrangements.

Well, the lads did not disappoint. Gary did, what can only be describe as a exemplary performance on both the orchestral arrangements and his mix. He completely moved the song to a different style, away from what I had in mind, and made the song an epic. Completely blew me away. Which is also the reason that there are two versions posted.

My version and Gary's version.

Andy worked his fantastic bass chops that just slotted straight in place.

Henry worked some outstanding laid back guitar and terrific piano work.

Tricia worked her velvet vocals for the backing.

I would like to thank everybody for their hard work. 

Steve (Albino) - Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Drums, Percussion, Mix and Master
Gary   (GBM)   -  Strings and Mix
Henry (docmidnite) - Piano and Electric guitar.
Andy  (AndyG) - Bass
Tricia (Tricia41) - Backing Vocals

I sit here next to you,
Hold your hand the night through,
I need some inspiration,
As I listen to your respiration.

That's the very least I can do,
Preparing to say adieu,
This feeling of helplessness.
Overwhelming I Confess.

Chrous

That family picture of a,
Cheeky little nipper,
I wanna be that little boy again.

I got feelings I can't subdue,
When I'm wrapping curtains around you,
And the night just seems to last forever.

I got feelings I can't subdue,
When I'm wrapping curtains around you,
And It gets so hard to keep it together.

I need a lot more time I plead,
To say just what I need,
But I don't think You hear me,
You are already free.

© Stephen Smith 2018

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 08:55:00 PM by Albino »

Offline gbm

• Super Hero

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Great versions both!

Lovely song Steve,straight from the heart.

I am glad to have played a small part in this one.

Andy

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
Besides I liked the song from scratch the lyrics touched me personally since my mother is in a coma for 3 years now after having some brain bleeding due to a rare malformation of her brain vessels ( I researched and it's nothing me or my sister or even our kids can get, it's just damn fate...).
The piano is not really me but I composed it with the help of EZpiano by Toontrack!
The guitar is me though!!! ;D

Offline Albino

• Spotify
Besides I liked the song from scratch the lyrics touched me personally since my mother is in a coma for 3 years now after having some brain bleeding due to a rare malformation of her brain vessels ( I researched and it's nothing me or my sister or even our kids can get, it's just damn fate...).
The piano is not really me but I composed it with the help of EZpiano by Toontrack!
The guitar is me though!!! ;D

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. truly I am. It is a shit fact of life. Just shit.

In a completely weird kind of way, I am glad that my lyrics actually, "touched you ". I don't like the circumstances as to way my lyrics moved you, in fact I truly feel for you, but to have written a song that has "moved" someone.....I am touched...just touched.

I feel that IS the point of music....

(I do not mean to belittile your family's  plight  at all, I am thinking of you)

Offline Albino

• Spotify

I Have since perchased EZKeys and I CAN confirm that Henry really did work his personality all over this track..... I need some time to get my head around this plugin.  :-\

Offline Albino

• Spotify

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Having lost my mum a while ago and my dad recently ( I watched him pass away in Mins in front of me, I never felt so helpless) I could relate to this song from the start.
Andy

Offline gbm

• Super Hero
I didn't know what the lyrics were about, and rather than looking like a dummy I didn't ask. I don't usually pay attention to lyrics and I had no clue what the story was about, but it makes sense now. Nice lyrics! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Albino

• Spotify
I didn't know what the lyrics were about, and rather than looking like a dummy I didn't ask. I don't usually pay attention to lyrics and I had no clue what the story was about, but it makes sense now. Nice lyrics! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lol. Thats usually my problem with lyrics, my wife despairs because she knows I will be able to play the drum parts though.  8)