Musicians Collaboration Studio

Jamstix - Virtual drummer

Offline BassPlayer

• ReverbNation - David Bellizzi
So I'm getting back into playing as things settle down after our move but I've been a bit rusty so I wanted to do some shedding but sometimes that gets a bit boring. A guy on NINJAM had this thing called jamstix which is

Rayzoon's ground-breaking virtual drummer VSTi runs synchronized with your sequencer and jams with your MIDI play (or even audio-in signal) using its innovative free jam mode where rhythms are created on-the-fly. It also offers jamming based on an extensive rhythm library as well as creating professional drum tracks complete with intro, fills and ending with its easy-to-use built-in arranger.

Incredibly realistic drumming thanks to new technologies such as limb assignment, transition times and interactive play rules. Advanced audio engine with 380MB of multi-velocity samples and controllable ambience but can also host any of your existing VSTi drum modules, such as BFD and DFHS.

I just now got the thing installed and it very cool to start playing and have the drums gel to your groove. Still have some tuning to do but all in all if  I can iron a few things out it will be great for practicing or jamming with someone when you don't have access to a drummer or doing writing. Anyway I strongly urge you to checkout the videos. Very cool.

http://www.rayzoon.com/

Offline BassPlayer

Wow, I guess I must really dig on this tool if I get up @ 5:30 to jam before work :D

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I've never had the time to really get into jamstix. It looks cool though.
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline BassPlayer

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website

Offline Sternen

• Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny. - Zappa
TallPaul over at CC has been toying with Jamstix for a while, and even had one of the main guys at Rayzoon do the drums using Jamstix on one of his pieces that I played on.

I downloaded the demo a while back and was very impressed with it, but I never really spent the time to really understand how it worked. 
http://www.peteclimie.com - Revel in the blandness of a base install of Joomla

Offline BassPlayer

Heres how to get it to work with Sonar and NINJAM

http://rayzoon.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2053

Basically no internal routing you have to route externally from one sound device to the input of the other.

Offline DoozerDan

• Just another guitarist.
Looks awesome!!   Shame it's only for Windows  >:(  I'll have to get windows for my Mac now....  Grrr...

Offline BassPlayer