Musicians Collaboration Studio

Tommorro

Guest · 13 · 6964

youtube

I am posting this on behalf of Kelly Almond.  >:D  This is his song and his project.  ::)  Kelly will have to
fill you in the details of his song but I want to thank you Kelly for posting what I consider to be  such a
great inspirational song. It's very beautiful and it's deep routed texture is really felt. A positive song
addressing some  important issues to human beings. And may I say very well written. This is the one where you really felt "John Lennon's" heart really Kelly. He would probably have liked this a lot.

Any ways I liked it so much that I took a huge interest in mixing it and producing it to some extent. Jman put just the right touch into the drumming and Kelly and myself did a huge amount of work. Nick played the
Spanish guitar solo and it has just the right melody and style to fit the song right on the bulls eye.
I spent a while mixing it and did a bunch of mixing but made a correction to the last mix.

I hope you like it and I hope Nick you approve of the mix. 

Tubes ;)

CREDITS
---------

Jman: Drums & Percussion

Kelly: Piano, lyrics, Song Arrangement, lead guitar, lead, vocals, harmony vocals & backup vocals,
& original strings * additional instrument not used.

You tube: Bass guitar, Tambourines, Shakers, Classical guitar, Mix production & Arrangement, Strings, lead guitar, wispering vocals, sound effects.

Nick T: Classical guitar solo

Tomorrow

Some people say it's the end of the world
And it's only a matter of time.
I can see their point of view
Just take a look around
Well I say love can conquer hate
Or we wouldn't have lasted this long.
So take the chance and open your heart
And believe we'll get it right this time.

The stars will all be in the sky
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow
The sun will shine its light on you
We'll all live in peace someday

Everybody wants someone to love
And to give love in return
There's not a man on this earth
Who wants the pain of living alone
Just realize we're all the same
In the ordinary day to day
Just like a rose that's still as sweet
Even when it's got another name.

The stars will all be in the sky
The sun will shine its light on you
We'll all live in peace someday

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Nice job guys. I like the textures and nice even mix.

Well done. Thanks for including my small contribution. :)

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Tacman7

I wouldn't mind listening to it but 11meg mp3?

Is this the 45minute version? Or just a very high bit rate?

WWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

How about a 3 meg wma Tubes?

youtube

Thanks Nick for the kind remarks. It's appreciated.  ;)

Forgot about those dial up people. Man dial up sucks.  :(  :P

Any ways at 128 bit rate it's still just a little over 4 megs. Any thing lower than that will sound like crap.
There must be a way to stream things for dial up folks but with the technology available today dial up should be something of the past. Where is Bill Gates when you need him?  >:D Come on Bill ;D

Okay here is the 128 bit rate version. Use at own risk!  >:D

In the future when I post mixes I will make cuts for the dial up people and label the post accordingly. For the folks with cable or access to a higher speed I will post the high resolution audio mix.  :-X

Sincerely,

Tuber
"A man has to know his limitations"

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 09:42:03 AM by youtube »

Offline Tacman7

I think 128bit files sound fine. Kelly makes a mean 48k!!

I can't tell the difference between 160 and 320 usually.

Especially on my computer speakers!

Sounds good guys.

Thanks Tubes.

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website

Kellya2

I'd like to thank the academy ... :D

Tubes, Jman and Nick made this a great sounding song.  Tubes would make a good mid-wife.  He was actively involved in being a player, arranger and mix engineer on this song.  Jman's drums and "little bells"  ...love them bells captured the heart beat and Nicks' tastefull acoustic lead made the middle shine.

The melody kept repeating itself over and over in my head as I was waking up on Christmas Eve.  I am sure many of you have had the "music in the head waking up experience."  Always have pen and paper (with flashlight) on the night stand.  Or drag your arse out of bed and go record it fast.  It will disappear.  You know it's true! ::)

In some circles the song could be seen as over the top sentimintality but sometimes there's only one way to say something and have it get through.

John Lennon originally wrote Imagine as a very loud in your face song.  He later decided that he could attract more bees with honey so he softened it up and invited all the world in and not just a few.  Sometimes that's what you gotta do.  Thanks for believing in Tomorrow.   ;)

Kelly Almond

Kellya2

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.  Hey Tacman I think we got the same speakers! ;D

Kel

Offline Jman

• Stealth Drums and Percussion
Wow Tubes! 8)
Man, I forget to check out the threads in the finished works area sometimes..... or just space on commenting.... But I had to revisit this one and take a listen...

You did an excellent job of mixing/mastering this one. With so many instruments, vocs, tracks happening it is no small task to bring out everything.... And that is just what you did. I love the way you made my drums and percussion sound and the way it blends so well... Thanks for the great job..... It is a pleasant mix to listen to.... easy on the ears .... pretty.... and that is the effect that this song should bring out.... Pretty.... Pleasing.... kind of like the singing of a bird on a new day  :)  ... Thanks again... a pleasure to work with ya all on this..... J
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:31:40 PM by Jman »

youtube

With some mixes as in "Why Can't I Just Get Old" I went and redid and redid until I am happy with it. Some are acceptable. Some hard to better. And I stopped listen live on a good powerful system. Some I notice when I do they need to be better mixed. I tell you this one is like a charm. It just flows nicely. I can put it load like it's being played in a club and go way down the hall and it sounds like some awesome band. I did spend quite a bit of time on it and remix about 3 times I think until I was happy with it but it. I really love this song. It's a great example of a powerful message and excellent song writing. And "Nicks" gtr solo makes it even better.

Tubes ;)

Offline jeff

• Super Hero
    • Jeff Smith and Friends
Yeah, this is pretty cool. Lots of interesting stuff in the intro/outro.  Catchy chorus. Mix sounds good to me..tho i'm no authority on that topic :)

Offline Dove4Simon

• Facebook Artist page
Great job you guys.  What a positive and beautiful song...it gives hope.

Lisa

youtube

Yes it is Lisa. Thank You. It's Kelly's song but when I hear it it really lifts you up.

kelly write more like this one.

Tubes