Musicians Collaboration Studio

She Only

Guest · 13 · 6226

youtube

She Only

Credits

You tube: Acoustic guitar, bass guitar, tambourines, percussion, mix & arrangement,
words & lyrics, piano, organ,
Groverk (Ken):  Drums
Sharpola (Ray) : Lead, backup, & harmony vocals
Tacman7 (Tom) Lead & rhythm guitars
Davidinoz (Dave): Additional Bass Guitar

I have been busy getting this song ready for final mixes. A while back I sent Nick the package to mix and since Nick has been busy and, I realized that what I sent Nick was not prepared totally I decided to do it and later give Nick the option to mix it in his own style if he wished. Got everything prepared and it has taken a long time. I got to say Tacman7 really came through with some good lead guitar work that really give the tune that leading edge. Davidinoz did a bass track as well and I will be posting a mix with Dave's bass too.

Thanks everyone who contributed to this song.  :) It's appreciated. Ray I love the vocals.  8)

At the present time I am posting my "1st" Test Mix Final.  >:D  It's 192k wma mix but I will be back and
post the updates as, I am working on bettering it. I will update this thread just when the finals are ready.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy of post deleted below

The Drum Saga

I just finished checking the drums and realigning all the separates. It was more than the snare.
Everything was out. Weird stuff happening. Each click did not corresponded to the click on Ken's original
drum mix. see thumb nail. Original Ken you sent stereo images of the toms and crashed. I separated them now as separate tracks. I work better with them like that .

Next I will have to go and redo the mix. I had a feeling something with the drums was just not the same as the  demos posted when the song was being worked on. Even though the click were aligned they were out. First thing I checked was the Toms and even though the clicks were aligned they were out when compared to Kens wma drum mix. They have all been aligned and given individual treatment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the finals of

SHE ONLY

MP3'S

She_ONLY_Final_w_Davebass.mp3  9.9 mb 320k
She_ONLY_Final_w_Tubebass.mp3  9.9 mb 320k

WMA'S

She_ONLY_Final_w_Davebass.wma 128 bit 3.99 mb 
She_ONLY_Final_w_Tubebass.wma 128 bit 3.99 mb

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 05:35:03 PM by youtube »

youtube

Here is the first of it. I will render a version with Dave's bass Tomorrow. See what you think of this. Think I got it sounding pretty good this time around.  ^-^

The vocals could be given that old style but in this one I just left it more plain and out standing. This one is a real challenge to mix. I am posting a 320k mp3/mix as well as a 128k wma mix for dial up. May see if I could still better it. Already spent a lot of time today on this one.

Tubes  :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:23:32 AM by youtube »

Offline Sharpola

• Poppin' Rockers
  • Super Hero
  • my my bless my soul miga diga baga nig nictin toe
    • Sharpola on Facebook
The drums are out of time 1/2 over beat, the snare is where the kick should play

other than that very retro sounding!

Ray

Offline Dove4Simon

• Facebook Artist page
This song really turned out great!  Something to be proud of...you all did a bang up job.  Sounds very retro with just a twist of "now". 

Lisa

PS:  Love the laugh at the end.

youtube

Thank you Lisa.  8)

What you listened to was the test mix.

Posted the finals in the first post box above.

Hope you like the mixes. ^-^

Tubes ;)

Offline Jman

• Stealth Drums and Percussion
Nice job Tubes and all .... as Lisa says... Retro...(Beatle esque) with a modern flair...  8) J

tubes

Thanks You Jman.

When I wrote this song the feel that was natural was the acoustic to stand out. It changed in this version.
Who knows  ::)  because maybe another just will make the grade.  >:D

Tubes

Offline The Cracks

• My Collaborations
Cool song.  Very Beatles sounding. 

Nice job.

youtube

Thanks for the nice comments...

Listen guys I have written tons of songs. This one I somehow really like. I am sorry  :'( I did not do a better job  mixing it. Actually I redid a lot of the work and sent Nick the session to remix.

I was a little disappointed with the drums when it cam o mixing time. Not the alignment thing. That's just a technical thing. it's that I could not get the snare to sound good as I wanted. PC EQ's are crap as hell  >:D
I have had the old analog expensive eq gear years ago and I know the massive difference in external expensive outboard gear.  Some how Jmans snare I get to sound okay. I think these were Electronic drums as well.  I prefer real acoustic drums.   But Ken is one hell of a great player and he did do a special job here.  :D
Happy with that. I could have played real snare to replace it but then I am not the drummer on the session.
There were a couple of crash cymbals that were missing in some spots that I did fix.

I hope Nick can make it better than what I had here.  :-X

Some may think why are there two bass versions... I wanted to have two versions because that's what I wanted. Incase anyone wonders  >:D ;D ;D   

Tubes

youtube

SHE ONLY: Here is another  mix.    >:D

This mix is more of an acoustic left/right based version. I am still working on my alternative final mix  >:D.

Nick I think the acoustic's stand out the way they should in this one, and I did major drum fixing. The snare track was replaced with the original. There was major masking going on in my other versions with the drums. Think this one stands out nicely. Has Dave's bass in it too. And Tacmans guitar lead  stands out the way I wanted it too. This one does not have the heavy fuzz rhythm guitar in it.  And I also think the vocals are very clear in this one.

I am posting the APE too for this version.

Tubes  ^-^
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:02:02 PM by youtube »

Offline Dove4Simon

• Facebook Artist page
Tubes,
I really like this version, the keys are more noticeable...

Lisa

Offline Jman

• Stealth Drums and Percussion
Nice variation emphasizing the acoustic sound... J

Offline Dove4Simon

• Facebook Artist page
She doesn't always think about herself.  "She Was" (is) the one who cares more.  It just depends on who's shoes you're wearing.   >:D