Musicians Collaboration Studio

CA software problems / AVG free edition

sergio · 5 · 4317

Offline sergio

Does anyone use CA Internet security suite p- and have problems ?

I have used AVG free edition for years for virus protection - also ZoneAlarm, Adaware, and WinPatrol.
AVG had a message that their free software was discontinuing this past February.  Thanks to Bobby I found out that AVG still has a free edition.  But before i knew about that I switched a couple of computers over to the CA software.  I had been noticing some annoyances - like the computer hanging up and not shutting down   >:D >:(- then i noticed that when i went to Bobby's Echo site I would only see portions of the screen.  I uninstalled CA fire wall and that problem disappeared.

Just wondering others experience with CA.

thanks

sergio

Symbiotic Sounds

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Never tried CA. I'm also using AVG. I had the same message about discontinuing the free software but luckly figured out that it's still available. It's been pretty good over the past few years. I'll stick with AVG.  :)

Dave

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
  • What's a band without members?
    • Backporch Dreams
It was a pretty good advertisement campaign that AVG had going there. It probably convinced a lot of folks to move over to their commercial version, thinking that the free version was being discontinued.  In truth, they didn't lie. They simply neglected to tell you on the nag screens that the new version of AVG would continue to offer a free version.

I'll bet their quarterly profits will be up...  ^-^

Anyone who wants to continue to use AVG "free", it's still there.. If you have problems finding the new version, holler, I'm sure someone can point you to the download file.
Regards,
BW@