Musicians Collaboration Studio

ASIO Driver - GT Player Express Guitar Plu-In

Offline StevieRich

• Give me a riverbank and a cool breeze
Does anyone have the GT Player Express guitar Plug In that can help me with a driver issue. I get a message when starting, stating... I do not have an ASIO driver installed on my system. While I looked up what this driver is and can dowanload, I am not sure what to do with it once downloaded with the hardware I have.

M-Audio Fast Track Pro  Interface

Thanks
StevieRich 
Humble Guitarist/Singer/Song Writer

dogbizkits

Hi Stevie.

The M-Audio ASIO (Audio Streaming Input Output) driver you need will be on the CD that came with your Fast Track. The latest driver can also be found on the M-Audio website. Some software will only run if there's an ASIO driver.. and I think that's the problem you have. Have a look at the manual for your Fast Track and it should tell you how to install the required driver.

Hope this helps.

Rab.  8)

Offline StevieRich

• Give me a riverbank and a cool breeze
Hey Rab,

Listen bud, I downlaoded the ASIO driver and it sits uninstalled on my desktop. do I need to specify where it goes or will there be a default and take that? Will this effect all my sound files and will I have to reconfigure allot of stuff? I'm not real happy when I have to get technical with the computer. Maybe I'm choosing the wrong hobby then hah:)

Hi Stevie.

The M-Audio ASIO (Audio Streaming Input Output) driver you need will be on the CD that came with your Fast Track. The latest driver can also be found on the M-Audio website. Some software will only run if there's an ASIO driver.. and I think that's the problem you have. Have a look at the manual for your Fast Track and it should tell you how to install the required driver.

Hope this helps.

Rab.  8)
StevieRich 
Humble Guitarist/Singer/Song Writer

Offline Tacman7

These drivers are exe files and need to be run, double click it.

It might have to uninstall the old driver but it shouldn't cause too much problems.

I found something looking around:

Q: How do I configure a M-Audio USB audio device for the use with Cubase?

A: Make sure that the USB audio device is set to ASIO/EASI mode (with the latest driver, only the USB audio Duo requires this setting, all other M-Audio USB audio devices detect the operation mode automatically (exeption: Sonica. No ASIO support for this device). Do not let Cubase perform the audio hardware test on the first startup. Go to Options->Audio and select the M Audio USB ASIO driver. If you are running Cubase 5.1 in Windows 2000/XP we suggest to disable the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth in Steinberg's "Setup MME" application.

What application are you trying to run this plug-in in?

Also if you search google for fast track pro driver problems etc.

you might find someone who had your same problem:

This is just an example of some of the stuff that I was finding:

http://forum.rightmark.org/topic.cgi?id=4:755-2

Interesting reading anyway.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 08:29:33 AM by Tacman7 »