Musicians Collaboration Studio

cool finds: ejamming.com anyone try this?

atljam · 21 · 9092

Offline BassPlayer

• ReverbNation - David Bellizzi
Yeah, well for obvious reasons the 48k standard is necessary as bandwidth would be too much for Internet

huh? I was not able to parse that.

Offline atljam

the more the refinement of the audio signal the more data is required to represent that signal.

In sonar save a wave in 96 khz vs 48 khz and see the size double
so here we are transmitting data across the Internet so more data means more bandwidth more latency etc
and the common denominator factor of working with more sound cards, not everyone has a 96 khz sound device so the two things add up.
So they chose the path more chosen.

Dan
Keys, Guitar, Songwriting

Offline BassPlayer

I would assume that the would go with 44.1k to save BW instead of 48. I do notice my crappy on board sound card is 48khz so maybe theres some spec some where.

Offline atljam

New site: jamnow.com

Here's another cool find.
I have not "jammed" with anyone yet, it was a little harder to get my audio devices to work with their software but all is going good now.
Neat feature with this site is you can have audience hear what you are doing.
So I just started a Jam and turned on the Public broadcast, which is a way for others to hear what you are up to and maybe get in contact with you  to explore more music.
Plus you can ck out others before joining in to see if its the kind of music you want to get into.

Back to ejamming.com, I got a fix for that issue of working with Sonar in 96 khz with my Yamaha MLAN sound device and then I use the LX6 audio device at 48khz. So I don't have to change rates any more just use the two different sound devices.

sorry too much yady ya,

Check out JAMNOW.com though, just another way to meet folks and make some noise.

Dan

Offline BassPlayer

So your able to use Sonar with ejamming? I had problems using ejamming + Sonar + Jamstix. The drums sound like they were going through a ring modulator on the kick.

I get the same ring modulator effect but worse with JamNow and my Presonus Inspire FW interface. I've left support fourm messages and emailed support but it looks like the JamNow site is not that busy.

Jam now is purdy but it gets old starting sessions. From what I understand you have to run the local app then login and then that spawns a brows where you can click on the button to start your  jam which somehow tells to local app to do it's thing.

Offline atljam

I have been putting a lot of time on those sites but not really making the headway I had hoped.

I put an old sound card back into my computer so I actually use two different audio devices.
Sonar and my guitar plugin from Native Instruments use my Motif XS MLAN which is firewire.

Ejamming and JamNow I use an Aardvark LX6 96khz interface that once I changed the buffer size from 512 samples to 256, they both worked perfect.

Have you tried using your internal audio device, you could port the analog into the onboard card, or go out an buy a Creative card x-fi its maybe $40-60 its listed on their site as one that works. 

JamNow seems to be more of a launch site for people's music than anybody doing Live jamming, I have 3 songs I wrote and just started playing in sessions on JamNow under N2MUSIC userid. The quality can be pretty good working alone, but I don't hardly see many folks online and none of the ones that are ever want to jam. So I have not had a session with another jammer yet.

Ejamming.com  I can't believe they have 11,000 users as I hardly see a handful online and rarely get someone to jam with. It has been borderline workable as the latency seems to be still pretty rough. keeping time is hard. Lots of beginners and I guess just people trying to get the thing work.

I downloaded the vstTunnel but have yet to try it out, seems like they do not give you a real shot at demoing it to its full capacity so I doubt that it is going to be worthy.

Well, the hope of doing some signifcant collabing using one of these sites gets dimmer each day.

Dan