Musicians Collaboration Studio

Can't install many of these plug-ins!

Offline srvfender

• Soundclick
I'm a newbie with some of this stuff. When I download a copy of a plug-in I get the .dll file. From there I can't do anything else with it. I also don't know how to get Sonar to see it and get it to pop up in the effects menu. Any ideas?

AJ

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
If you end up with just a .dll file then you need to put it in your VST plugins Folder.....

I have a couple on my system one in Programs\Steinberg\Vstplugins, and there is also one that Sonar made in something like Programs\Sonar\Plugins or similar

Depends which version of Sonar you have as how you get Sonar to recognize them, it used to be a seperate program but now it's built in and should do it automatically, but you can run it from the Tools/Plugin Manager Menu...you can also specify where Sonar looks for plugins in there too.

Hope that helps.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
AJ -

The .dll is the program. Sonar looks to the vst folder for the plugs. It can be in the sonar folder or anywhere you keep them. You can have Sonar scan for the pluggins when it starts by specifying where the new plugs are in the pluggin manager. Check the help file for specifics.

If you have problems, this thread gives some options.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1170850

Hope that helps,

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com