Musicians Collaboration Studio

Har Bal - Funny article, or???!!!

Paulo · 7 · 4839

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Before reading my post, look at the attached file...

Guys, I gotta be a freak but I just don't get it. I read this article a dozen times and still, I wonder what Har Bal has to do with it  :o

I mean... Who ever wrote this article started with a file loaded in Har Ball wich shows me something that I can see in my other little things I have but, he keeps saying, - "Do not continue without this tool".

Then, all the mastering process is done with other applications, mainly Wavelab and Waves plugins, wich are the applications that I use since the times when computers could do such things on about 1996.

I wonder what Har ball has to do with this article... Am I wondering or is this a joke?

I mean, I know that Har Ball is capable of a lot of things although I don't own it and never used it, what I mean is, what's Har Bal doing in this article? Only showing the peaks and valleys?

What am I missing here?

Hey guys, got nothing against Har Bal wich I knows loads of people use it and they find it just great, it's exacly like I said, I don't understand why it starts with a file loaded into it and then all the rest is done by other stuff  :-[
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:53:47 AM by Paulo »
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
You're right it doesn't really say alot about Har-bal , but you can use Harb-bal before the mastering process they suggest to stop the compressor working too hard.

I've tried doing as they suggest and didn't like what I ended up with.  I don't think you should really need a multi-band compressor if you mixed it properly , as it's more of a corrective tool.  I might use one on a mix that I'd been given to master that had too much/little of certain frequencies.

Har-bal is great , but there are better ways to use it than this article suggests.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
....but you can use Harb-bal before the mastering process they suggest to stop the compressor working too hard.
CD

Sure, but I can do the same using Wavelab, I don't need Har-Bal to show me a graphic, that's what I was wondering, dig?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:12:15 PM by Paulo »
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
....but you can use Harb-bal before the mastering process they suggest to stop the compressor working too hard.
CD

Sure, but I can do the same using Wavelab, I don't need Har-Bal to show me a graphic, that's what I was wondering, dig?

But you can't adjust it the same way in Wavelab as you can in Har-Bal...watch the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS5Kcrx4BYw&eurl=http://www.har-bal.com/

CD

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
That's my point CD... I know that HB is able to do a lot of things but this article shows nothing about HB, only some Eq'S images, everything else is done with Wavelab and Waves Plugins. I wonder if they're trying to sell HB or Wavelab/Waves, LOL  :)
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Well, after this article I took a look at Har-Bal and it looks really good.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
It's a very useful tool