Musicians Collaboration Studio

Smile (Holger/Roger/Andy/Tricia/Mr & Mrs. Cosmic Dolphin)

AndyG6508 · 84 · 28983

Offline riggorog

• Super Hero
    • Reverbnation
Great song! It's my favorite I've played on here so far :) Thanks again to everybody that contributed.

Roger

hey Roger,

you and Andy you are such a great team and you did it again. Your guitar playing is outstanding. It suits the song perfectly and makes it shine. You are the man, Mr. Cool  8).

thx HDA :)

okay Andy, I will post the song there thank you!

Thanks Holger! I think it turned out really well. Great vocals by you and Tricia help a lot too :)

Offline riggorog

• Super Hero
    • Reverbnation
Oh, the Beatles are definitely in evidence, along with a touch of folk and the Dead. But blow me down if I didn't detect a definite whisper of country here and there.  ;) Must have been in that sweeping guitar work. ;D

Donna

Yeah, I'm to blame for the country :) I'm not a big country person, but I try to dabble in the chickin pickin :)

Offline Bassic_Soul

• Rollin with the flow
Yeah, I'm to blame for the country :) I'm not a big country person, but I try to dabble in the chickin pickin :)

Well...I am a big country person and I think the "chicken-picken" was perfect. If John and Paul had picked Atkins or Haggard over Little Richard, it might of come out this way. I love it.  8)

The lyrics are simple and wonderful, the message is so upbeat and it lightened up my day, wish I had wrote it, great job Andy.   :) :)

I also love the panning of the background vocals. There is a definite Beatles sound to it. Really nice work Mark.  8)

Kudos to everyone, what a good song this is IMHO.

Preston   8) 8)

EDIT: BTW, I meant to say that Holdger's lead vocals sound very close to Harrison's in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:58:10 AM by Bassic_Soul »
Preston

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Good stuff guys ! It was a nice little song to work on....now I owe George Martin a favour  ;D

CD

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Oh, the Beatles are definitely in evidence, along with a touch of folk and the Dead. But blow me down if I didn't detect a definite whisper of country here and there.  ;) Must have been in that sweeping guitar work. ;D

Donna

Well Roger your chickin pickin is sure kickin!!

Andy

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Great song! It's my favorite I've played on here so far :) Thanks again to everybody that contributed.

Roger

hey Roger,

you and Andy you are such a great team and you did it again. Your guitar playing is outstanding. It suits the song perfectly and makes it shine. You are the man, Mr. Cool  8).

thx HDA :)

okay Andy, I will post the song there thank you!

Thanks Holger! I think it turned out really well. Great vocals by you and Tricia help a lot too :)

Holger,

I second what Rog said - you and Tricia were fab on vocals.

Andy
Mutual Admiration Society

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi

Well...I am a big country person and I think the "chicken-picken" was perfect. If John and Paul had picked Atkins or Haggard over Little Richard, it might of come out this way. I love it.  8)

Preston, interesting thought, John was a major Chuck Berry & Arthur Alexander fan, Paul was into Little Richard, and George's all time fav stars were Carl Perkins and Chet Atkins too. The Beatles for Sale album has got quite a few songs verging on C&W.

The lyrics are simple and wonderful, the message is so upbeat and it lightened up my day, wish I had wrote it, great job Andy.   :) :)

Preston, I'm so glad you grooved to this song, and its wonderful to know that it made your day better, in any way, even for a little while!

I also love the panning of the background vocals. There is a definite Beatles sound to it. Really nice work Mark.  8)

Yeah, CD and I wanted a retro sound, and he used his magic gadgets to make this sound deliciously retro, and he pulled it off in style. He worked out the vocal pannings and effects. As a fellow bass player, you must have noticed the walking bass line similar to "Eight Days A Week" popping up a few times  ;D

Kudos to everyone, what a good song this is IMHO.

Thank you once again Preston, and look forward to hearing more of your tunes!!!

Cheers
Andy

Preston   8) 8)

EDIT: BTW, I meant to say that Holdger's lead vocals sound very close to Harrison's in my opinion.

Kind of a mix between John and George's!!

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Good stuff guys ! It was a nice little song to work on

Thanks CD, really appreciate all your inputs to the song, as well as the great mix!

....now I owe George Martin a favour  ;D

;D ;D

Cheers
Andy

CD

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Very nice guys

A lovely catchy summer sound ...bring on the sun  :) :) :) :) and smile

Cheers Ian

Thank you very much Stoney, I am thrilled you like it!!! I have to say, all the others did the hard (and brilliant!!) work on this one, all I had to do was turn up :D

Cheers
Andy

Offline Stoney

• Super Hero
  • Just Me Makin Noises
    • The Music of Stonehead
Very nice guys

Cheers Ian

Thank you very much Stoney, I am thrilled you like it!!! I have to say, all the others did the hard (and brilliant!!) work on this one, all I had to do was turn up :D

Cheers
Andy

Putting yourself down again as usual  >:( ..... stop it or I will have to make you listen to Europop again  :P

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Very nice guys

Cheers Ian

Cheers
Andy

Putting yourself down again as usual  >:( ..... stop it or I will have to make you listen to Europop again  :P

not Nina and 99 red balloons :)?

Andy

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Very nice guys

Cheers Ian

Cheers
Andy

not Nina and 99 red balloons :)?

Andy

No  - Bros
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline j

• Super Hero
Top notch gentlemen/women!! I like everything about this song, the Beatlesque harmonies, the tasteful guitar licks. bouncy bass walking all around. great production. delicious.  :)

one for the Ipod!
wazzzzzaaaap

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
Hello my friends,

thx for all your kind comments! :) I have good news from Germany for you:

Our song is on top of the rock charts on myownmusic, after only 2 days!
http://www.myownmusic.de/genre.php?mainstyle=Rock

the people love the song and the production. I'm not much interested in beeing Nr.1 but what makes me really happy is the fact, that many people wrote me that the song made them smile even if they had a hard day or they were sad. That means: it works! ;D
The overall feedback says that everything is very nice and it has a nice retro sound and the mix is outstanding. Thank you CD! ;)
Ah and: without the nice shaker it would be only half that good  ;D

b.t.w.: Andy, what do you mean with Nena and her 99 Balloons? ??? 8)