Musicians Collaboration Studio

Mastering different stuff

Paulo · 3 · 4933

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Been thinking about this many times but, as Nick is mastering for the new MC's CD it came to my mind again.

I've read several times that the ingeneers should master the songs in a CD to make them sound as coherent as possible with each other. How wonder how they do that knowing that each one needs different Eq's, compression, etc...

It is even worst if the songs come from different sources... How do they dio that?
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
With great skill.....

Each track will need something different to the rest.Some will need nothing...others will need work. Nick will use his skills to figure that out. A great running order is a good start.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
With great skill.....

Each track will need something different to the rest.Some will need nothing...others will need work. Nick will use his skills to figure that out. A great running order is a good start.

CD
Thanks CD.

A great running order is important. I try to run them as if I was at a show and would like the set to go. with a lot of songs, you get that roller-coaster ride effect.

I tend to use the same tools in a certain order. I try and keep the low end and high end "similar" in the songs. I also try to keep the dynamics and RMS close. Although I have learned a lot since the last CD, word on the street was that it was very coherent.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com