Musicians Collaboration Studio

The Wheel Of Time (Hard Prog/Rock) - Andy/John/Mike/Steve/J/Argle

AndyG6508 · 29 · 14054

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Hi MCS,

Another one of my songs derived from a book, this time from the series penned by James Oliver Rigney.

I've got a lot of great musicians to thank on this track:

John's on drums and he delivered a turbo charged drum part which propells this song nicely. Mike's laid down some great guitar tracks including a molten hot 'tapped' solo. Steve delivered another of his immaculate impassioned vocals with a great chorus hook at the coda. Jay knitted the sound together with his wizzard keyboard textures. Lastly (but not in the least!!) mix master Argle came up to deliver a super mix out of all that "wall of sound"!

I really enjoyed being part of this collab, thank you very much guys!!

Cheers
Andy

Personnel:

John Wooten : Drums
Mike Woodford : All Guitars
Steve MacAndrew : All vocals
Jay Schankman : Keyboards
Adam Kirby : Mix/Mastering
Andy Gupta : Lyrics/composition, bass

The lyrics:

The Wheel Of Time
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:11:26 PM by AndyG6508 »

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
Andy... thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this... many thanks for having me along...  this is a really catchy earworm (translated from the German Ohrwurm) and a great track to have in the car.... I can't add anything to the accolades except to praise you for your punchy power bass lines that, together with John's drums, drive this song along and give it a real headbanging feel...  you aren't called Robobass for nothing  8)  Fantastic!!!!

Mike
"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" Neil Peart

My dad.. "Turn that Banjo down!!"

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Andy... thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this... many thanks for having me along...  this is a really catchy earworm (translated from the German Ohrwurm) and a great track to have in the car.... I can't add anything to the accolades except to praise you for your punchy power bass lines that, together with John's drums, drive this song along and give it a real headbanging feel...  you aren't called Robobass for nothing  8)  Fantastic!!!!

Mike

Mike,

Thank you so much - really appreciate it. It's a privilege to have you play on a track of mine - you took a rather simple arrangement to a whole new level with that fiery guitar work!!

Look forward to many more collabs together..lets jolt those earwigs..ohh i meant ear worms  ;D

Cheers
Andy

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Cheers Andy,

I need to knock up the songs on to a disc for the car, I've just been so busy as to make me lazy :-[ :-[

Thanks for the chance to sing this....................if I remember properly, I sang the vox leads in the time between my wife Linda leaving and returning from the supermarket that is around 200 yards away!!

It was good to sing on a few songs guys that were easier in the sense that the lyrics and songs existed and all I had to do was sing them........I better get back to the earlier projects again.

Thanks buds, these last three have been a gas 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Cheers Andy,

I need to knock up the songs on to a disc for the car, I've just been so busy as to make me lazy :-[ :-[

Thanks for the chance to sing this....................if I remember properly, I sang the vox leads in the time between my wife Linda leaving and returning from the supermarket that is around 200 yards away!!

It was good to sing on a few songs guys that were easier in the sense that the lyrics and songs existed and all I had to do was sing them........I better get back to the earlier projects again.

Thanks buds, these last three have been a gas 8) 8) 8) 8)

hey Steve,

Many thanks for taking some time off from your hectic musical porjects schedule, and laying down super vocal tracks which really enhanced the song!

You did send ALL the vox takes in like an half hour span  :D - that was impressive!

Yes, we seem to be on a bit of a roll with the recent collabs (In2You/Wheel/Into the Light), regards finishing them quickly and with great results - long may that continue!!

Oh, I've burned a CD with a lot of the recent collabs and am driving my better half bats by playing the songs constantly  ;D!!

Cheers
Andy

Offline j

• Super Hero

Great song Andy, and guys.. it was a gas!  :)

You couldn't ask for a greater mix of talents on this style of music. Each of you guys forged your spirit into this high energy progressive tune that actually is as hooky as any pop song. Steve, you have a penchant for making this genre of music accessible to just about anyone.

Excellent  8)
wazzzzzaaaap

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi

Great song Andy, and guys.. it was a gas!  :)

You couldn't ask for a greater mix of talents on this style of music. Each of you guys forged your spirit into this high energy progressive tune that actually is as hooky as any pop song. Steve, you have a penchant for making this genre of music accessible to just about anyone.

Excellent  8)

Thanks Jay, and as always, it was a pleasure to have you on board, your arrangements/ambient sonics work is simply astounding!

I echo your sentiments regarding all the guys pooling their considerable talents to make this ditty hard rocking yet prog-like and catchy!!

Onto the next one then? ;)

Andy

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia
Oh my gosh! This is my kind of song!!!
I love the drums!!

and the guitars!
and keyboards!
and vocals!
and bass! and the mix!

Wow, just cool all the way around! 8)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Oh my gosh! This is my kind of song!!!
I love the drums!!

and the guitars!
and keyboards!
and vocals!
and bass! and the mix!

Wow, just cool all the way around! 8)

Hey Tricia,

Wow - thanks!!! Im glad you liked everything about this song! You really must like hard rock then!

Cheers
Andy

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Nice job gang!

Love the vocal build on the outro!

Sounds great.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Yo Nick,

Thanks my bro, when are we going to talk again.......miss the banter. :)

Hope the family are all well and good :)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Cool song guys! Reminds me a lot of Rush. Nice work!

Hey Roger,

Thank you - glad you liked the song!! The Rush feel was due to Mike and Steve I think:). I was just trying to be Giddy  :D

Cheers
Andy