Musicians Collaboration Studio

I Can't(My Mother and me)

Offline CurtisDowney66

If anyone has wondered why I haven't been around much the last week, I have been spending most of my free time working on this.  It is a song my mother wrote and sang, and she had someone do a midi for it.  I went through the midi, cut alot of it, changed some things, then added backing vocals, fixed some vocal spots, yada, yada, yada.  The main thing is my mother was thrilled with it, I think it is the first song she ever had done with her vocals, that wasn't just her and her guitar.
Curtis
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:11:46 PM by CurtisDowney66 »

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
  • What's a band without members?
    • Backporch Dreams
Glad she finally got one done, Curtis...  :)

Good job... If down the road, you want a better sound piano and violin, give me a holler. I think I can improve the samples...

She contacted me about doing some others for her.  And, it's on the list. Granted, it's a long list. But, she's not forgotten.  ;)
BW@

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Very cool Curtis. That's awesome that you can record your mom like that. She sounds good. Kind of reminds me of 'Iris DeMent'. Same flavour. Different voice.

My mother use to sing back in the 50's. I have an old 78 with her recorded on it. It was a big deal back in those days to do a recording. I should try to transfer it to digital one of these days.  :)

Offline CurtisDowney66

Thanks Bobby, I may take you up on at least the violin, mine just sounds really fake, but it was the best I could come up with.
Dave, yeh, my mother has sang all her life, in bands and such when she was younger, and she used to sing to us kids all the time.  I have some very cool recordings of her singing back then, but it is just recorded on a tape recorder going on in the room.  It is great to be able to get some quality recordings of her now, but it is hard for her to sing anymore.  She has troubles breathing and has to do a lot of takes just to get something useable, so this was a big project in that respect.  Glad you guys liked it.
Curtis

Offline groverk

• The Pendletones

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Very nice Curtis and Fancy. Curtis, Give the vox and piano a listen around 100hz. It's a little muddy there. Could be any of the tracks...but that is where I would start.

Nice job!

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com