Musicians Collaboration Studio

Song For Karna (new version) (Andy/Adam/John/Steve/Argle/Marc)

AndyG6508 · 29 · 12329

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
oh yes, its a great song and a great performing band! I love Andy's vocals too but this one here is also outstanding. The mix sounds amazing.
The result shows it clearly: It was worth to do it again!  :)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Agreed with the pop filter...I tried a couple things (which SLIGHTLY helped...but pretty hard to "fix")...Andy, you know what you can ask Santa to put in the sock over the fireplace! ;D ;D

Marc

Agreed.  There was nothing wrong with Andy's vocals that a retake with a pop filter couldn't fix.

Thanks guys!! Actually I did go out and buy myself a pop filter..in case I unleashed my vox on the unsuspecting world again  :). But yeah it makes total sense, even for backing vox.

Cheers
Andy

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
oh yes, its a great song and a great performing band! I love Andy's vocals too but this one here is also outstanding. The mix sounds amazing.
The result shows it clearly: It was worth to do it again!  :)

Hey Holger,

Thanks so much - yes I think Steve's vocals has taken the song to another plane altogether!!

And Argie's mix is superb! I like the way he got the drums and the electric piano sounding.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
Very cool song... great performances and mix... love the guitars

Mike
"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" Neil Peart

My dad.. "Turn that Banjo down!!"

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Very cool song... great performances and mix... love the guitars

Mike

Thanks for the appreciative comments Mike - this was done some time back, and was my first attempt to write a long piece. The guys really rocked this one.

Yes, Adam really scorches on the guitars!

Cheers
Andy

Online Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Andy, take it back and make it yours bro, you deserve to 8) 8)

I always thought I was singing it with too much polish, thanks guys :)

I sing in the upper registers and I don't think that is where the song lies, you nailed it in Gilmour terrirtory so I think it would be better to release it to a supportive MCS vote...........now don't even think of argiung.....................what do you fellow musos think?

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA
Thanks Marc,

I just hope I get the chance to show Simon Cowell and the panel just how much I love singing ;D

I remember the days (and they are spookily not soo long ago) when I did the solo gigs and honestly tried to hide behind the microphone :-[ :-[ Thankfully, not any more 8) 8)

I agree about the timbre of your vox Andy, they did suit the song very well man.......more Floyd than me by a country mile :)

How far along are you with the Britains Got Talent thing?
Keyboard Player/Singer/Songwriter
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Online Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
I have only done the audition in front of two female production crew, now waiting on the phone call if it comes before the 18 January, which would be in front of a full Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre in Glasgow, the judges Cowell, Holden and Morgan so here's hoping :D :D :D

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
Agreed with the pop filter...I tried a couple things (which SLIGHTLY helped...but pretty hard to "fix")...Andy, you know what you can ask Santa to put in the sock over the fireplace! ;D ;D

Marc

Agreed.  There was nothing wrong with Andy's vocals that a retake with a pop filter couldn't fix.

Thanks guys!! Actually I did go out and buy myself a pop filter..in case I unleashed my vox on the unsuspecting world again  :). But yeah it makes total sense, even for backing vox.

Cheers
Andy

:o :o ;)

Andy,

you do NOT have to buy a pop filter. Just ask your old friend Holger and he will show you a proper method and one of the top secrets  8) that he knows about "how to create a warm, clean vocal sound" :

Okay that should give you an idea about the possibilities  ;D and from this point on you can go further and add more warmth for example simple by using an additional beanie (one for the singer and one for the mic)
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Holger  ;D,

Now thats an innovative way of using a mask. I never thought of the singer wearing one!!

Thanks for the tip!! It would be useful if I needed to rob a bank on the way back home from the studio - kidding!!

Cheers
Andy

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi

Hey Doc,

Thank you very much for the appreciative comments!! Im glad you enjoyed your listen. Adam did excel on the guitar, he pulled off the Floyd feel quite well.

Cheers
Andy