Musicians Collaboration Studio

Cubase users.....Help!!!

Offline ole6string

I am using Cubase LE and would like to do a mixdown and include the click track. I cannot seem do figure out how to do this. I can turn the click on but when I do a mixdown no click. :'(

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I don't have it in front of me...but this is from there forum:

Also:

Since metronome sound is not the data which is on the hard disk the best way to export mixdown with the click included will be to create a MIDI track and send it to LM-7.

That said....It sounds like a midi loop going through a softsynth VSTi would be easier.

Nick

NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline adf

That's what I do when I'm using Cubase SL - create a separate track with the midi metronome sound. Then you can mute it at a later stage. I think this very subject came up on the CC board a little while back.

I know Cal uses Cubase too. He may have a different way of doing it.

It's certainly possible to create a new audio track and record the external synth sound in through your sound card whilst muting all other tracks.

Andy
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:25:44 PM by adf »

Offline ole6string

Wow guys,

Thanks for the great detailed answers. The software synth looks like a good way to go. I will give that a try.

Thanks so much for the help!!

Rod

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Wow guys,

Thanks for the great detailed answers. The software synth looks like a good way to go. I will give that a try.

Thanks so much for the help!!

Rod

Rob,

Because of latency issues, you may want to bounce that soft synth to an audio track. Just a thought.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Tacman7

So did you get something working?

I use a hi hat or wood block from my drum track and put in 8 quarter notes in two measures to make a click track and leave the metronome off.

I don't know if you have some midi sound module or use the midi off a sound card...as long as you have something without any great latency that would work.

Offline ole6string

Thanks to everyone who replyed to this. I did in-fact figure it out with everyone's help. Thanks again!

Rod