Musicians Collaboration Studio

"Maybe I" By Nick Church (aka stutnman) & snr_paul

Offline stuntman

• Nick Church Music
This was written & performed by me. This awesome remix, production and added instrumentation was by snr_paul (paul rawson).

www.myspace.com/nickchurchmusic

The track is calkled "Maybe I Remix"

I am available for collaborations of you would like any vocals.

Regards

Nick

Offline Appleluza

• Appleluza Music
I've got something that  think you would sound good on.  It's similar to the styles on your web site - kind of an alternative/roots rock anthem called "Faith, Hope and Gravity".  I haven't posted it up here yet, but I'm going to try and get it up this weekend.

Just out of curiousity, where do you record and what kind of gear do you use - what type of vocal mic and preamp and stuff like that?

Rob Talbert
Rob Talbert, Songwriter and Producer for Appleluza, a virtual multi-genre band.

Offline stuntman

• Nick Church Music
I've got something that  think you would sound good on.  It's similar to the styles on your web site - kind of an alternative/roots rock anthem called "Faith, Hope and Gravity".  I haven't posted it up here yet, but I'm going to try and get it up this weekend.

Just out of curiousity, where do you record and what kind of gear do you use - what type of vocal mic and preamp and stuff like that?

Rob Talbert

Hi Rob,

I would be interested to hear about your project when you post it. PM me when its up in case I miss the thread.

I record at home in a ludicrously small office/studio. I record both guitar and vocals with an AKG c1000S. These mics seem to be generally disliked, but personally I get results that I am very happy with.

For my preamp, I use a Pro-Channel P3. This is a sinlge channel optical compressor input stage. It is also marketed under the name JoeMeek MQ3. Again - great results for a low cost.

Thanks mate

Nick

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV

Offline Appleluza

• Appleluza Music
I will definitely send you a message so you can have a listen to the tune and see if it is something you'd be interested in trying it out.

Thanks for info about the mic.  The whole thing with mics is finding the one that works for your voice - it's an unpredictable art and the same mic doesn't usually work the same for different voices.  I have been using one of the BLUE KIWIs lately with the BLUE Robbie pre which I just bought on a lark on ebay last year.  Funny thing, I think my own voice sounds much better to me on this mic than on any other (subject to very definite vocal and artistic limitation which no mic can fix :) )

I have some friends and family members who are quite musical and I am trying to get them into this hobby (making music) and so I would like to build up my mic collection, either for my own studio or to share with them.  I'll check out the AKG 1000.

Rob Talbert

Offline Appleluza

• Appleluza Music
Nick - I have posted the song I had mentioned a week or so ago that might be something you would be interested in tring out.  It's called "Faith Hope and Gravity" and there is a rough mix and lyric chart up in Project Studio A.  Let me know if you think it might be your cup of tea.  (Is that a British expression as well?)

Rob Talbert

Offline robwood

Time for revision, make your decision
Just see it through-- McAndrew

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Nice emotional song. Very sweet. Hope you hang out here a bit. There's always lots of great tunes needing vocals.  ;)

Offline Snr_Paul

• paulrawson.net
Hey guys hope u r all well here.. ;)

I messed with (up) another of Nick's tracks 'Bad Attiude' if anyone is interested in listening..It's residing here at the moment.

http://www.myspace.com/snrpaul

All the best all, and remember if anyone wants to add some 'electro injection' or weird noise into there stuff, give me a shout...

lala