Musicians Collaboration Studio

best?

Offline nathanjnavarro

• My facebook profile
what is good EQs for vocals? guitar (clean and distorted)? bass

Good vocal effects? should vocals always be doubled? How can you make a guitar sound fuller without the sound of it being "doubled".

thanks.

Vincent

Use this free eq for vocals...thriller eq...use the filters on eq and remove a bit of lows and a bit of highs.

http://phoenixinflightaudio.blogspot.com/

Good vocal effects...I like using echo...echo sounds better tha verb however I also use verb on backups and sometimes lead vocal.

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA

Good vocal effects? should vocals always be doubled? How can you make a guitar sound fuller without the sound of it being "doubled".

thanks.

There are several free VST eq's and strips you can use for vocals. 
A good microphone and an in pitch clean vocal take is the place to start though.

For me its 5 processor chain that makes my vocal sound. 

1. Compression 2. 32 band graphic EQ to dial in on offending frequencies  3. De-esser 4. Delay 5. Reverb 6. and sometimes a brickwall limiter at the end to smooth out levels.  How much I used of each effect varies.  Keep in mind I don't know what the hell I'm doing but,.. this combo works for me.

Doubling vocals or guitars can happen a few different ways. 
-You can either retrack 2nd takes and pan left/right
-copy the wave from the original track and paste to another track panning left and right (but slighly displace the second track either ahead or behind the original)
-or use a slap back delay for a doubling effect.

I tend to only double lead vocals in build up parts of songs like chorus's but I have been known to double a whole whole song.  For harmonies I usual track 3 to 5 tracks of the same part and gradually pan all the tracks from left to right.

Doubling guitar tracks are often best acheived by playing the same part twice and panning left/right.  Copying the original wave and pasting into a second track (whether doing vocals or guitar) tend to give a very mechanical robotic phased sound that isn't as pleasant or natural sounding as physically singing or playing again.

Doubling anything is really a matter of taste and the overall sound you are trying to achieve.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:30:31 AM by HDA »
Keyboard Player/Singer/Songwriter
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline Captain fantastic

thanks.
A big cabinet,mike a bit further away to get natural ambience, or double+track,got to be in time mind or you get a sort of galloping horses sound effect