Musicians Collaboration Studio

Harrison Mixbus now for Windows, free demo

Era · 64 · 27880

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero

Well, afterall, they all fall down in the place where everything comes from  ;D

Haha :) Mama??
Anyway - I really hope that if you can make HM work to hear some comments from you - I still havent started anything serious with it, but maybe the next one.. Logic is to me so perfect because the midistuff, I am a songwriter @ 1st place :)
Cheers!

Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Yeh there's plenty of real good stuff these days... If one starts now in this world I'd advise them to try all the options, that's what I did when I started and I ended up with Steinberg because it looked more intuitive to me, some other people might think different.

From what I've been seeing, ones and others use what they feel is good for them, that's OK.

I'm used to Steinberg platforms since the 80's and to Waves plugins since the 90's when the VST concept was introduced, it was only because they looked intuitive and sounded good to my ears.

There's a thousand things out there.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:14:56 PM by Paulo »
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
I tried it tonight but I'm too caught up in the workflow of Sonar to change to something quite so different...Uninstall  ;D

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Era

• Studio
I tried it tonight but I'm too caught up in the workflow of Sonar to change to something quite so different...Uninstall  ;D

CD

OK :) Sometimes it is a very good option..
I let you know when I have one project done with it...

Cheers!

EDIT : I finished the "I wanna"... Thanks for help!
I am that I am

Offline TravelersTale

I like the look of mixbus...downloaded and tried it about a month or so ago.

Didnt really catch my fancy at the moment.

Thats not saying much though...I probably installed and uninstalled "Reaper" half a dozen times before I finally made it my # 1 choice.

I like the look of the mixbus.

Didnt care for the demo...From what I recall I think it creates noise in demo so you cant mixdown properly...thats not a demo...thats a tease.

Offline Era

• Studio

I like the look of mixbus...downloaded and tried it about a month or so ago.

Didnt really catch my fancy at the moment.

Thats not saying much though...I probably installed and uninstalled "Reaper" half a dozen times before I finally made it my # 1 choice.

I like the look of the mixbus.

Didnt care for the demo...From what I recall I think it creates noise in demo so you cant mixdown properly...thats not a demo...thats a tease.

I am that I am

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
I've always wanted to try the demo. Now I finally downloaded it and installed it today. Pretty useless for me - the sound may be good (I can't tell - I haven't gotten far enough), but the GUI is horrible.

I'm too petted with Cubase and REAPER (and, partially, Studio One, which actually does not support my workflow too well yet). Mixbus ist far too uncomfortable for me.

I may give it another try in a year or two. Let the developers put a little more work in it.

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline Era

• Studio
I hear you friend... One interesting thing to try is a chance to slave harrison mixer window into my main daw.. I actually like the mixer..

I've always wanted to try the demo. Now I finally downloaded it and installed it today. Pretty useless for me - the sound may be good (I can't tell - I haven't gotten far enough), but the GUI is horri

I'm too petted with Cubase and REAPER (and, partially, Studio One, which actually does not support my workflow too well yet). Mixbus ist far too uncomfortable for me.

I may give it another try in a year or two. Let the developers put a little more work in it.

Regards,
  Steffen
I am that I am

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
I've always wanted to try the demo. Now I finally downloaded it and installed it today. Pretty useless for me - the sound may be good (I can't tell - I haven't gotten far enough), but the GUI is horrible.

Regards,
  Steffen

Me too, I installed the demo..had a go at mixing one song...hated the workflow...deleted it  ::)

Offline Argle

• Alchemystic Audio
I can't imagine any DAW letting me work faster than Reaper.  Also, I don't really like the whole "hardware mixer visuals" thing.  A lot of people make Reaper skins like that, and I think it's stupid.

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
I'm a new-found Harrison Mixbus fan.  Ended up needing something on-site at the last minute and the price was right (I think they have discontinued the demo now)

LOVE the sound of it, the compressors on each strip are fantastic and the summing is second to none (most DAWs I find get that soooo wrong).  I've also now run it slaved as a mixer from Digital Performer and it was awesome for that.  I personally love their GUI, especially the ability to give you access to the important options in plugins without having to open each plugin window.

I think this is going to be something really great once it matures a little.  I'm very much a minimalist so for my needs it's pretty great.

Offline Era

• Studio
Mr. Kevin Ward has few great vids about using the Mixbus... Www.mixcoach.com. I think there is a freebie too. Have a check. And yes I love its sound too, very warm and after a project or two it is very easy to use :) cool!
I am that I am

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Now they are trying to make money by having you pay a constant subscription fee ... Well ...

I'm always curious when new things get available, and I want to try them and give them a chance. But Mixbus (which I did try) ... in my eyes it is way below beta quality. Extremely unstable, ugly, uncomfortable, rudimentary ... I don't care if it sounds good as long as it isn't usable. I've deleted it for now and will wait until it works - or disappears from the market.

It's all about workflow. The problem is the tight bundling with Ardour, the worst "DAW" that has ever existed. If it was easy to plug Mixbus (just the mixer) into any DAW, that concept might work. But having to use Ardour is a no-go.

Just my opinion, of course.

Regards,
  Steffen

Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
If it was easy to plug Mixbus (just the mixer) into any DAW, that concept might work. But having to use Ardour is a no-go.

In that case you may as well just use one of of the analogue buss plugins available...Slate VCC , Waves NLS , or Stripbus...and keep your workflow ( so long as your machine is powerful enough to add one to every channel ) .

I posted a comparsion of a simple 8 track mix from way back that I had to recreate as the original master tape got damaged.

http://www.musicianscollaboration.com/forum/index.php?topic=9497.0

It was interesting to put NLS on each channel and hear the difference.

CD