Musicians Collaboration Studio

Harrison Mixbus now for Windows, free demo

Era · 64 · 27850

Offline Era

• Studio
Harrison Mixbus DAW Windows edition released. DL a free demo!

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/joomla/index.php?Itemid=42&id=108&option=com_content&task=view

Any HM users here? Mainly I use Logic, but Ive tested the Mixbus - very, very nice

Cheers!
I am that I am

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
I will take a look.

I read the Sound on Sound review and was a bit worried that it only seems to have 4 subgroups and I like to use more than that.?

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Era

• Studio
I will take a look.

I read the Sound on Sound review and was a bit worried that it only seems to have 4 subgroups and I like to use more than that.?

CD

Hi HM v2 has 8 stereo busses, i read that too. Think it was previous version that had only 4.. The latest update made it very much more stable. To me it has been worth the prize!
Era
I am that I am

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
8 I could live with.  ;D

I'll check out the Demo for sure.

CD

Offline Era

• Studio
8 I could live with.  ;D

I'll check out the Demo for sure.

CD

Hope you like it too, adds some nice analogish warmth in summing and i like its eq and compressors a lot, never used a real Harrison but im a big mr. bruce swedien fan...
I am that I am

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
I can't get the demo to work  >:(

It all installs but when I try to run it , I think there's some error message which I can't read as there's no font for it.

Offline Era

• Studio

It all installs but when I try to run it , I think there's some error message which I can't read as there's no font for it.

Hey - send a message to their support. They have great personal service... I use mac and had no problems during installation.
I am that I am

Offline Era

• Studio

Hey - send a message to their support. They have great personal service... I use mac and had no problems during installation.

Did you get the demo working? Id like to hear your opinion about it. We have a collab "I wanna save..." and i think that im gonna mix it with harrison...
I am that I am

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
No , I couldn't get it to work - I read it's something to do with it needing to be on the main 'C' Drive and nothing else but my drive letters are all jumbled after I replaced a faulty one. I didn't have the time or inclination to get it working  ::)

CD

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Decided to email their Tech support  ::)

Hi

I installed your Mixbus Wndows Demo, everything seemed fine but when I try to launch it I just get some kind of dialogue box which is unreadable ( missing Font ? )  and I can't proceed. the bottom part is clickable but just seems to close the program down.

I'm running Win XP Pro Service Pack 3 with a Focusrite Pro24 . I asked around my studio buddies and the only thing we could think was that my main hard drive isn't labelled as the 'C' Drive, they got swapped around and my main boot drive is 'E' if that makes a difference.

Hello Mark and thank you for your interest in Mixbus.

Yes, your diagnosis is correct.  We didn't anticipate the situation of users who might have Windows installed on a drive other than C: but you're about the fifth person who's reported this.  We believe that it's now fixed and we'll be releasing an updated version (possibly later this week).  Would you be interested in trying the update for us, so we can find out whether our fix works?  With thanks.

John Emmas
Mixbus Support

Offline Era

• Studio

Hi

I installed your Mixbus Wndows Demo, everything seemed fine but when I try to launch it I just get some kind of dialogue box which is unreadable ( missing Font ? )  and I can't proceed. the bottom part is clickable but just seems to close the program down.

I'm running Win XP Pro Service Pack 3 with a Focusrite Pro24 . I asked around my studio buddies and the only thing we could think was that my main hard drive isn't labelled as the 'C' Drive, they got swapped around and my main boot drive is 'E' if that makes a difference.

Yes, your diagnosis is correct.  We didn't anticipate the situation of users who might have Windows installed on a drive other than C: but you're about the fifth person who's reported this.  We believe that it's now fixed and we'll be releasing an updated version (possibly later this week).  Would you be interested in trying the update for us, so we can find out whether our fix works?  With thanks.

John Emmas
Mixbus Support

I am that I am

Offline Era

• Studio

Hi

John Emmas
Mixbus Support

Hi - FYI Mixbus upd 2.0.6 is out.. Cheers!

= = = = == = = = = = = = = = =
File import speed improved ( 10x faster! )
Added VST Folder management
Fixed many VST plugin issues
Fixed installation on systems with non-Latin characters
Fixed installation when Windows is not installed on the C: drive
"mixed-mode" 64bit/32bit JACK can utilize more soundcards directly
Added missing bindings files  ( Cubasish and Protoolish )

= = = = == = = = = = = = = = =
I am that I am

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Cool , will take a look

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero

Well, afterall, they all fall down in the place where everything comes from  ;D
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Era

• Studio

Well, afterall, they all fall down in the place where everything comes from  ;D

Haha :) Mama??
Anyway - I really hope that if you can make HM work to hear some comments from you - I still havent started anything serious with it, but maybe the next one.. Logic is to me so perfect because the midistuff, I am a songwriter @ 1st place :)
Cheers!
I am that I am