Musicians Collaboration Studio

Bootsy published "Thrillseker XTC" (exciter)

stoman · 10 · 6960

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Bootsy's contribution to the 2012 plugin contest at KVR:
http://static.kvraudio.com/files/1104/thrillseekerxtc_1_0.zip

I haven't tested it yet (I usually don't need an exiter), but ALL of Bootsy's plugins are great, and the opinions I've found so far were all very convincing too.

Windows 32 bit only, but can be wrapped for 64 bit hosts using jbridge.

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Hi Steffen,
As for the jbridge, a question if you know the answer. A 64 bit OS, a 32 bit platform, some 32 bit plugins. Is this jbridge thingie able to take advantage of the whole ram with a setup like this?

Thanks
Paulo

Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
The bridged version uses a 64 bit auxiliary host. All 64 bit programs can use the full available amount of memory. However, the plugin itself remains 32 bit, so it only sees at most 4 GB of RAM (a little less actually).

Supposed you are on a 32 bit system with 12 GB of RAM and have two 32 bit plugins, A and B. Let A use 1 GB of RAM, then 3 GB will remain for B. On A 64 bit system with 12 GB of free RAM both plugins, when bridged, will have 4 GB available.

Regards,
  Steffen
My Introductory Post

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
... On A 64 bit system with 12 GB of free RAM both plugins, when bridged, will have 4 GB available.

Regards,
  Steffen

Will have 4 GB available each one? And if the OS is 64 bit and the host is 32 bit?

Thanks
Paulo
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Yes, 4 GB each. The aux host has access to the full available RAM of the 64 bit OS, so it can serve each of the 32 plugins the maximum they can technically see (which is 4 GB).

If the host is 32 bit, it remains a 32 bit application and hence can only address 4 GB of RAM in total. However, it does see more or less the full 4 GB on a 64 bit OS, whereas on 32 bit Windows it can actually only use roundabout 3.5 GB.

Regards,
  Steffen
My Introductory Post

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Thanks Steffen... I'll give a shot to the 64 bit OS after making a ghost copy of my system. In fact I got an image of a 64 bit XP system, is just a matter of mounting it.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
It works great with a 32 bit OS and does a great job with 4 GB ram, I just don't know if I add more ram to the 32 bit OS if it is able to manage it.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline mickbrit55

• Super Hero
It works great with a 32 bit OS and does a great job with 4 GB ram, I just don't know if I add more ram to the 32 bit OS if it is able to manage it.

No it wont utilize any additional memory. A 32bit OS can only access 3.8mb.

Mick.
Very funny Spok ... now beam down my trousers.
SoundClick : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=816080

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
I think you're right Mick... Anyway, for some reason I have better ram management with this thingie... I can load more huge instruments without getting out of memory messasges...

... Maybe I'll try the 64 bit OS and what happens.
Respect
Paulo Gomes