Musicians Collaboration Studio

Take the Staircase Test

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Ugg I didn't do this one in my new room until today.  I need to do some work on things here, but until I get settled with the layout and construction I don't think it's worth the effort!

Mark

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Ugg I didn't do this one in my new room until today.  I need to do some work on things here, but until I get settled with the layout and construction I don't think it's worth the effort!

Mark

LOl..How bad is it ?

I'm looking forward to re-trying mine once I instally the Auralex stuff I bought for my birthday.

Then I'll make the bass traps

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
It was kind of like a yo-yo ... actually not _that_ bad, but not great.  A big bump up in one range and a big dropout in one freq.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
It was kind of like a yo-yo ... actually not _that_ bad, but not great.  A big bump up in one range and a big dropout in one freq.

Haha

Scary stuff..just makes you realise

Offline meekofnature

• Musician, Engineer, Producer, Tech
Interesting... I took some notes on what notes were louder and quieter, and just moving my monitors 6 inches further away from the back wall flattened out the low end a lot (I had a bump from 4-6 that got cut in half or more) and everything above 15 originally started to get much louder, but is now also more under control... Hmmm.

I really need to read up more on 1/4 wave theory.

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
I really need to get my setup off of the wall here too, but with my current layout it just doesn't work.  I need to re-evaluate my whole studio layout at some point in the near future.  My stuff just takes up so damned much space it's tough to get off the walls with the way the room is setup here :(

Mark

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
I really need to get my setup off of the wall here too, but with my current layout it just doesn't work.  I need to re-evaluate my whole studio layout at some point in the near future.  My stuff just takes up so damned much space it's tough to get off the walls with the way the room is setup here :(

Mark

Move again !  ;D

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics

Mark

Move again !  ;D

hah, not bloody likely :)  I hate moving.

Mark

Offline meekofnature

Well, good news.  The acoustical design guy we use here at work for our clients (Jeff Hedback, used to be a product designer for Auralex..just did Ozzy's new studio with us in CA) is going to help me shoot my room out design a solution, all of it chalked up in the name of education.  We're going to do a cad type drawing of the room from which he can determine the acoustical issues from, and also shoot the room with a measurement mic and some measurement software (he turned me onto roomeq.com) and see what we can come up with.  From there I'm going to try to make some diy stuff with his guidance, unless it comes to diffusion in which case I would have to spend some money.

I'll let you guys know what happens, should be very interesting. 

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Well, good news.  The acoustical design guy we use here at work for our clients (Jeff Hedback, used to be a product designer for Auralex..just did Ozzy's new studio with us in CA) is going to help me shoot my room out design a solution, all of it chalked up in the name of education.  We're going to do a cad type drawing of the room from which he can determine the acoustical issues from, and also shoot the room with a measurement mic and some measurement software (he turned me onto roomeq.com) and see what we can come up with.  From there I'm going to try to make some diy stuff with his guidance, unless it comes to diffusion in which case I would have to spend some money.

That site you mention just seems to be a landing page?  roomeq.com ?

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

That's great..can I send him mine  ;D

Offline meekofnature

Heard that, I wish I could hook it up! 

We're actually about do treatments for a vocal room in a guy's house here in Nashville, and we're going to do before/after pics/sound clips.  The rooms sounds like a reverb chamber now, and with a limited budget we've got to make it sound Pro...the designer has his work cut out for him!  I figure it would be neat to show the process from start to finish and show the result if anyone is interested.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Heard that, I wish I could hook it up! 

We're actually about do treatments for a vocal room in a guy's house here in Nashville, and we're going to do before/after pics/sound clips.  The rooms sounds like a reverb chamber now, and with a limited budget we've got to make it sound Pro...the designer has his work cut out for him!  I figure it would be neat to show the process from start to finish and show the result if anyone is interested.

I've done it myself now, hopefully I've done it right...certain sounds better but I haven't done any measurements in there yet.

I started a new thread with what I've done, just gotta tidy up and take a few more shots of it finished.

http://www.musicianscollaboration.com/forum/index.php?topic=5296.0

CD