Musicians Collaboration Studio

Break With Protocol

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Sorry guys,

I was sitting with an ape for this, I hadn't seen the thread!

This is one of my favourite collaborative songs 8) 8) 8) 8)

The series that inspired the lyrics is called Spooks and the third episode of the current series is on tonight, every bit as good as the episode that equated to the Break With Protocol :) :)

I just listened and rocked my socks off again, great work everyone and I agree about the solo trading between you guys Bill and Paulo........ACE!!!

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
I just listened and rocked my socks off again, great work everyone and I agree about the solo trading between you guys Bill and Paulo........ACE!!!

The song was already rolling fast when I posted some keys. I remember you Steve saying something like - "This is gonna be huge", LOL"...

... At the same time Tubes didn't like the keys approach, now go wonder  ;D...

... The Solo trade was settled by e-mail between me and Billy . We arranged that we'd play some bars and leave space for each other... Billy took the lead and did what you hear and sended the files to me. I just had to fill the rest... I don't think that it took much more than an hour to trade all this back and forward, LOL...

I remember that when I received Billy's files In a sudden, maybe half an hour after, he was mailing me again saying - "I Can't wait to listen to what you're doing there" HAHAHAHAHA  ;D

But the bed was putted together by Steve who left all that empty space ready for madness.

Now I'm looking like an old guy recalling all this but at that time I was in bed shape and I was playing each one like if it was my last one, eh eh.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:12:57 PM by Paulo »
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Thanks Dave! Got the ape. Great song bro! Love the song even if I didn't get to play on it! ;)
Lot's of chemistry happening! 8) This tune was magical before I ever got to join in. I was totally supprised that guitar players weren't lined up for a whack at this one!! I guess I just happened to be at the right place at the right time! 8) Lucky me!! >:D

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Back to the future... Today some old tune made in this board shown up again... Here's another one... OMG, this one is pure madness  :D... I can't get enough of this.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Old Gold !

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Man! I love this song!!
Got to be one of my favorites!! Love them keys!!!
This was insanely fun!!! 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:59:43 PM by r4m »

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
 :o superb! love that synth-guitar conversation   :)

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Wow.. this was originally posted in 2007. Has it been that long?  :o I guess you could call this one a classic now. It was definitely one of the better collabs from the past. Way too much fun.  :D It really came together quite nicely. Steve's lyrics and vocals are superb and the solos are just amazing. I still listen to this one often. I really can't find anything to nitpick about it. I don't think we could have done it much better. (Actually that's not true. When it was redone for the Bond submission Todd did the drums and took it up another notch.)  Gotta thank you guys for such great musicianship and for taking the time to really work things out. You gave it your all. Another excellent example of what can come out of this place. MCS ROCKS!! Thanks Nick & and thanks for the mixing. The icing on the cake!!  8) 8) 8)

Dave

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Actually that's not true. When it was redone for the Bond submission Todd did the drums and took it up another notch.) Dave

Where is the Bond version , you gotta link ?

CD

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Actually that's not true. When it was redone for the Bond submission Todd did the drums and took it up another notch.) Dave

Where is the Bond version , you gotta link ?

CD

Actually Mark, you helped on it. I have you listed as credit. Nick did the final mix.  Billy also added strings. That also added another element to it.  :)  In some ways I prefer the Bond version over the original because of the additional players but the solo was shortened. Still works really good though.

TallPaul was also workong on a submission. It was really crazy around here then. Good times!!  :D 8)

'Devil May Care' - 'Break With Protocol' remix.
http://www.musicianscollaboration.com/forum/index.php?topic=2800.0

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
 I remembered doing it , just not where it was  :D

CD

Offline r4m

• Super Hero

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Geeeeeez! Look what I found!!! >:D

You must have been reading my mind... Yesterday I went here looking for this one and listening to it, lol.

It's still one of the best collabs I've ever been involved with.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:12:59 AM by Paulo »
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
I agree guys, superb collab and absolutely remarkable how quickly it came together :) 8)